Foundations of Herbcraft
Foundations of Herbcraft
Foundations of Herbcraft: A Thirteen Part Course in Magical Herbalism
Foundations of Herbcraft is designed to equip the student with a well-rounded store of knowledge in both the Theory and Practice of magical herbalism. Our course approaches plant magic from an animist and folk magical approach.
By the conclusion of this course the student should have a firm grounding in:
1. Entreaty to Greenwood: Theory and practice of magical herbalism, tools of the trade, approaches towards herb charming
2. As Above, So Below: The wandering stars, the virtues of the planets and of plants, the doctrine of signatures, and identifying planetary characteristics of plants.
3. Conjuring the Green: Working with plant spirits, conjuration and herbalism, botanical necromancy, and plant spirit familiars
4. A Path of Fortune, A Pot of Gold: Plants and preparations for money drawing, prosperity, road opening, and luck
5. The Anointed and Verdant: The crafting and use of Magical Oils and Unguents
6. A Bramble of Thorns: Plants and preparations for protection and prevention
7. A Feast of Spirits: The crafting and use of Incenses and Powders
8. The Orchard of Venus: Plants and preparations for love, sex, and seduction
9. An Aqueous Offering: The crafting and use of Perfumes, Potions, and Tinctures
10. Procul este Profani: Plants and preparations for spiritual cleansing, curse breaking, and exorcism
11. Amuleto: The crafting of herbal amulets, talismans, and charms
12. The Garden of Thanatos: Plants and preparations for ancestral reverence and necromancy
13. The Witch’s Garden: Plants of sorcery, cursing, and the poison path.
How will I access classes?
Classes will be livestreamed via Zoom at 7pm Eastern on the 4th Sunday of each month beginning on November 27th
(the December class will take place on Sunday the 18th)
These classes will also be recorded and available to all students until the end of the course. So if you are unable to attend the live classes no worries there.
What do I get as a student in the course?
-26+ hours of video instruction.
-All course students have the option to be added to a private Facebook group in order to foster community, share experiences, and have access to further course documents and information.
-Class sessions will include downloadable slideshows with detailed information on the plants and techniques discussed in the course.
-Students enrolled in the course will save $130 over the cost of individual classes
-Students receive a 15% off discount on all purchases from Spiritus Arcanum while enrolled
-Course students will be eligible to graduate the course and receive a certificate of completion.
Tentative Class Dates
All classes are currently planned to take place the 4th Sunday of each month. All classes will be available as a recording for those who cannot make the live class or who wish to view it again. These dates are tentative and subject to change as needed.
November 27th, December 18th, January 22nd, February 26th, March 26th, April 23rd, May 28th, June 25th, July 23rd, August 27th, September 24th, October 22nd, November 26th.
There are currently 3 options for payments.
*available to those registering before October 15th*
If you choose the 2 payment option we will send you an invoice for the second payment to the provided email address. Payments must be completed by the selected date to continue in the course unless another arrangement has been agreed upon between the student and instructor. Please contact the instructor if you find you are having difficulty making payments by the selected dates.
Class Agreement and Returns
All students who wish to have access to the video recordings, PDF files, and Facebook forum associated with this course will be required to sign and return a nondisclosure agreement regarding the content and materials of the course. Failure to do so will still allow for access to live classes and the apothecary kit, but restrict access to the other elements of this course until signed and returned. Due to the nature of the course there will be no refunds available to students after 12/18/22.
Please not that this is NOT a medicinal herbalism class. Our intention is to focus upon and instruct students in the magical and folkloric use of plants. And though occasional mention of folk cures and remedies may be made in context of the course. It is not our intention to examine herbalism as physick, nor to provide any kind of medical advise to students.